Subject: Re: cardbus - anyone using this?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/13/1999 10:47:53
In message <Pine.NEB.4.10.9912130042360.21945-100000@handy.localnet>,
fb@enteract.com writes:

-> I've got a 3Com 3c57B-TX working in my digital HiNote, [...]

Which HiNote, and which CBB does it use?  I've got a VP765 with the TI1131
CBB.

I regularly use a no-name NE2000 clone (SVEC/Hawking Technologies), sometimes
use a Best Data 56K modem; neither has had any problems.

I have in the past used an Intel 10/100 + 56K Mobile Adapter (needed some
patches as it's really a Xircom underneath) and a 3C575TX.

I haven't had much luck with an SMC 10/100 (21143-based) card, but that
was before Jason committed the CardBus tulip attachment, and currently
have a Xircom CBE-10/100TX that doesn't seem to work real well (probes
and attaches but never finds a media attachment).

-> [...] using all of
->   options PCIBIOS
->   options PCIBIOSVERBOSE
->   options PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP
->   options PCIBIOS_BUS_FIXUP
->
-> Also have a Mhz XJ 33.6 modem. Hot swapping works, but the card has to
-> be inserted already for the boot.

I've got all of those as well, as without at least the intr fixup, my CBB
would never be attached.

As for the Mhz modem problem, see if kern/8899 helps you out (if you're using
one of the TI CBB's).. I was seeing similar problems with intertion/removal
events (ie, I'd never get any interrupts for them) and this made things
better.

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                  rafal@mediaone.net