Subject: Problem with CardModem
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@zen.cdn.telstra.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/11/1999 23:21:02
I have a CardModem in my notebook which is running 1.4
If I tip(1) to the modem (/dev/tty03) and ask it to display its
config, the modem reports that the DTE speed is 2400 bps - regardless
of the actual DTE speed.  That or the speed _is_ 2400 bps regardless
of what tip or kermit or stty say.

Either way, the modem uses the DTE speed as an upper bound on the rate
at which it will talk to another modem - running PPP over 2400bps
sucks ass!  I'm currently using an external modem so I can avoid going
insane (or more so :-)

Anyone seen this sort of thing before or have a clue as to cure?
I can try a -current kernel once I get a new power supply in my main
box here (at home) and can download a recent i386 snapshot.

--sjg