Subject: PCMCIA cards and various Q's in 1.4.1
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <dbsaint@bellsouth.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/09/1999 12:02:12
I have a laptop that I'm trying to get networked and so on.. I have a PCMCIA
modem that /netbsd finds and reports everything ok .. ie no 'Device not
configured' messages and it says something to the extent of com3 for that
device. How do I know what device file this modem is on ? would it be
/dev/tty00, 01 ? I cant get a dial tone from the phone line. It is not a
winmodem < since it has worked in linux > any Ideas?

My next Question is:
Are the Xircom real port ethernet 10/100 cards (re100) supported in 1.4.1 or
even in -current ? I've been waiting long for support for the card since like
1.3 :) just wondering if there is any plans for this card at all. And also I'd
love to test out some code for this card if anyone would care to contrib it :)

cheers

Tony Hernandez *NIX Administrator
1990 CRX DX Black stock - 1/4 ??
1987 Suzuki Swift GTi 1300 - 1/4 13.9