Subject: Intel CA810EAL Motherboard?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Alex <xela@MIT.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/08/1999 19:48:27
I'm thinking of buying a handful of 1-RU servers based on the
Intel CA810EAL (CA810 with on-board video, audio, and ethernet).
I'm told there've been some problems with these boards, at least
under FreeBSD and Linux, on account of the fact that the on-board
video shares main memory rather than having its own.  Does anyone
have any experience running NetBSD on these boards, or otherwise
know whether NetBSD and these motherboards get along?

---Alex

Carl Alexander
------------- MIT (where Alex hangs out):
xela@mit.edu      Course VI (sometime special student)    SIPB (prospective)
                  Mitgaard ("honorary mold")    MITSFS    LSC (night worker)
                  http://web.mit.edu/~xela
------------- Work (where they call me 'Carl'):
carl@terc.edu     Systems & Network Administrator, TERC
                  http://www.terc.edu