Subject: Re: Wscons on i386 EGA/CGA
To: Grant Stockly <gussie@stockly.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/04/1999 16:15:59
Grant Stockly writes:

> Thats what the kernel tells me its using.  Is that interface compatible
> with wscons?  Are there any utilities like wscons which will work with
> EGA/CGA cards?

The 'pcvt' driver should also work.  It supports MDA/CGA/EGA/VGA and is
very nice, especially with just 4 active virtual consoles (F9-F12 one
key switching) (unless I missed some obvious at the beginning of this
thread, explaining why you have to have wscons)

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.