Subject: Booting without video card....
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Delcamp <e.delcamp@wanadoo.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/04/1999 12:13:29
Hi !

My video board failed on my NetBSD/i386 firewall. This machine does'nt have
a monitor, just a keyboard (why ?) and network connections. If I reboot it
(with the same kernel), NetBSD stop after loading kernel (sorry, can't get
dmesg, because I have only 3 ISA slots and only a ISA spare video card. So,
I have unplugged my SCSI card to boot the machine, but loose the disk where
tcsh is, and I could not log in ;-)
My questions are :
- Is a video card absolutly necessary to boot NetBSD ?
- Is a keyboard necessary to boot ? I think I can disable the "stop on
errors" in the BIOS.

I'm also working on a firewall solution like GNATBOX, with a 1 floppy setup.

Thanks.