Subject: remote backups
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Gruhns Account <todd@gandalf.wanderer.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/02/1999 14:17:16
A couple months ago, I asked about speeding up my backups (done on an i386).
Scott Presnell sent me a .shar file containing the sources for "buffer", which
allows for shared memory on BSD (shared mem is supported by SYSV kernels).
Sweet piece of software! My new problem is: When I do a root backup -- usually
once a month -- the get many "permission denied" messages, that is I am not
allowed to copy file to tape which is on a remote machine. If I am using rsh
is there any way around this?

--
*** This host is connected via ppp, direct all replies to tgruhn@olg.com ***
-- You know the Holidays are upon us when proczac outsells crack --