Subject: Re: Hello
To: Mikael Sundberg <Manny-@linux.nu>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/01/1999 10:56:09
On Tue, Nov 30, 1999 at 07:12:13PM +0000, Mikael Sundberg wrote:
> I am using NetBSD 1.4.1 and I'm woundering if I can use mouse in console

As far as I know, there is no support for that. I know the application
you're familiar with under Linux. The integration of the wsconsole system
would make this type of project easier now, but I haven't seen a great
deal of demand for it.

For NetBSD it's important to be very consistent across platforms - and
while the i386 allows random display writes while in text mode, I'm
not sure the same is true for all platforms. For example, I don't think
we could provide console mouse on Sun3, Sparc, or any platform with
serial console only...

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,