Subject: Re: Hello
To: Mikael Sundberg <Manny-@linux.nu>
From: sL <lacas@logique.jussieu.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/01/1999 10:42:51
On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Mikael Sundberg wrote:

> I am using NetBSD 1.4.1 and I'm woundering if I can use mouse in console
> and how I can get swedish keyboard in console.

Welcome,

I'm far from being an expert, but here are my 0.02 Euros:

I don't know if there is a swedish keyboard in NetBSD. From
the "wsksymdef.h" file, I see that the available encodings
are:
        { KB_USER,      "user" },=20
        { KB_US,        "us" },=20
        { KB_DE,        "de" },=20
        { KB_DK,        "dk" },
        { KB_IT,        "it" },=20
        { KB_FR,        "fr" },=20
        { KB_UK,        "uk" },=20
        { KB_JP,        "jp" },=20
        { KB_SV,        "sv" }

you can test these with the command:
  wsconsctl -w encoding=3D<2-letter code>

(i.e. wsconsctl -w encoding=3Dfr to get a french keyboard :)

Once you've found the right one, may be you should recompile
a kernel (always a good thing to do) to get the change
enabled at boot time. This is set with the option

options =09PCKBD_LAYOUT=3D"KB_.."

in the config file, where the ".." is the 2-letter code from above.

> Hope you can help me!

Hope too,

Samuel Lacas
----