Subject: Re: Sony-505TR laptop
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/29/1999 17:45:50
>mel kravitz wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if the Ricoh RL5C475 PCIto Cardbus controller is
>> supported in current?
>> I have 1.4N runnng on this machine but dmesg indicates cbb0 not
>> configured ...interrupt not found?
>
>I'm using the PCIBIOS stuff on my 505TX, it works just great.

It didn't work for me, on a pcg-350, with our without the original
PCIBIOUS stuff, until I excised the `legacy' ISA pcmcia

	pcic0   at isa? port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000 iosiz 0x4000

If the pcic0 is configured in, the Ricoh cardbus bridge gets attached
as pcic0, and it doesn't work.

(Yes, there is code which tries to disable the legacy PCIC addreses,
but it doesn't get run until after the pcic0 at isa has been attached.
By then, it's far too late).