Subject: Re: SCSI question
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/27/1999 21:12:17
Hi!

Mutt made be believe that Jason Thorpe wrote:
> Can you please run the command: scsictl /dev/scanner identify
>
> ...and tell me if it hangs the same way?

Yes, it hangs the same way (as far as I can tell.) For at least 10
minutes. Boot output is:
uk0 at scsibus1 targ 6 lun 0: <, Scanner, 1.80> SCSI4 6/scanner fixed
uk0: unknown device
(since someone recommended I use uk instead of ss).

The only way I found to stop the resp. process is "scsictl
/dev/scsibus1 scan any any", since "scsictl /dev/scsibus1 reset" just
gave me
scsictl: SCBUSIORESET: Inappropriate ioctl for device

> Also, what version of NetBSD are you using?

I'm running NetBSD-1.4.1/i386. I also tried current about a week ago,
but there I couldn't even boot with aic0 at isa? enabled, the machine
hangs after "scsibus1: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...".

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at