Subject: Redhat 6.0 Binaries under NetBSD-1.4.1 I386
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Len Burns <lburns@sasquatch.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/27/1999 09:56:39
I am attempting to get a Redhat 6.0 binary running under NetBSD-1.4.1.
I installed the Suse Linux compatibility package, and it seems to be
working correctly.  I am able to run a variety of Linux binaries with
good results.  The Redhat binary is a different story, it is a
commercial package called WebCatalog.  I built a version of
Apache_1.3.6 with shared support for Linux, and it works normally.  I
am able to load the shareable module for WebCatalog, but the
statically linked binary run from the commandline as described by its
documentation is dumping core immediately upon startup.  Clearly,
there is a lot here I do not know aboutrunning Linux binaries.
Ideas?

TIA

-Len