Subject: problems with Compaq Thunderlan embedded chip
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Nate Bohlmann <njb@elfwerks.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/21/1999 12:52:01
Hi folks,
  I'm hoping whoever did the work on the thunderlan ethernet driver can
give me some pointers here.  I've got a Compaq Deskpro 4000/5166 with
the TI TNETE100A Thunderlan controller.  Windows 98 sees it as a NetFlex
3/P but I don't have the machine in front of me and I don't remember
what NetBSD sees it as.  NetBSD is able to talk to the chip though since
it gets the Ethernet address.  It complains about not being able to map
the interrupt.  In pci_machdep.c I find pci_intr_map which is spitting
out the error "pci_intr_map: no mapping for pin A".  Now I know next to
nothing about the PCI bus' inner workings so I'd appreciate some help
here.  In tracing back through all of the pci_attach stuff it seems that
a value is fetched from somewhere and used to determine the pin and line
for the interrupt.  Now for pci_intr_map to spit out pin A, pin must be
1 but for it to spit out that message at all, line must be 0 or 255.  I
don't see how that's possible.  I do know this driver hasn't been
tested (according to the docs) so I'll be willing to do any kernel
hacking necessary if someone is willing to feed me the changes..

Thanks in advance...

Nate

--
Nathan Bohlmann                                        njb@elfwerks.com