Subject: DISKLESS from 1.4.1 does NOT work.
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?P=E5llen?= <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/21/1999 13:29:36
bunke# head /sys/arch/i386/conf/DISKLESS
#       $NetBSD: DISKLESS,v 1.66 1999/01/23 15:35:21 drochner Exp $
#
# DISKLESS -- Generic machine setup for diskless boot.
# This kernel can be loaded from a bootable floppy (i.e. kernel-copy)
# and will use NFS for root and swap.  (No local disk space needed.)

this does not work at all. The kernel doesn't even touch the network and
complains about error 49 when "trying" to mount root. Or have I missed
something? I can't see that I should do more than config the server, and
put this kernel together with dosboot.com some where. All NFS mounting and
such works fine, but this diskless kernel doesn't even try to use the
network.

Any ideas?

---
/P=E5llen - http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~pollen