Subject: Re: DISKLESS
To: David Brownlee <abs@mono.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?P=E5llen?= <pollen@astrakan.hig.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/19/1999 12:58:44
On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, David Brownlee wrote:

> =09Do you have DHCP, BOOTP, or BOOTPARAMS enabled in the kernel,
> =09and the appropriate servers running on another host?

I think I have so. And I just realized that no request is sent from the
"diskless" machine, no traffic indicated on the hub. The DISKLESS kernel
says it should be able to be started from floppy, but it seems like the
NIC never gets initialized with rarp. Rarpd doesn't report any requests.
(And no flashing on the hub, so how could there be any request? doh!)

---
/P=E5llen - http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~pollen
          telnet://mumindalen.astrakan.hig.se