Subject: Re: How to mount msdos logical disks, or EXT DOS partition?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Wenchi Liao <wliao@midway.uchicago.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/16/1999 15:54:55
"Patrick Welche" wrote:
>Wenchi Liao wrote:
>> How does netbsd deal with extended partitions? My recollection
>> is fuzzy, but I though netbsd's fdisk doesn't even seen the
>> extended partitions.
>
>I don't think there is a problem with "extended", but there seems to be a
>problem with the layout. How big is your disk and how big do you want to make
>the NetBSD "partition"? Once that is decided, you can write a correct
>"partition" table onto sd1 with fdisk. Then you can disklabel the NetBSD
>"partition" with partitions (no quotes :))

I understand that part of it.

The linux fdisk seems to understand 16 partitions (4 primary
partitions, and 4 logical volumes in each). From playing with
the install-thingy of freebsd, it seems to be able to deal with
more than 4 partitions as well (this is before disklabel'ing).

But netbsd's fdisk only sees places for 4 partitions.

WL