Subject: Can't see cdrom-files via NFS.
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Richard PLOIX <richard.ploix@fr.adp.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/16/1999 17:31:59
Hello,

The first machine is 'riscpc',
a RISCPC arm32 under NetBSD 1.4.1.
The cdrom is mounted on /mnt/cdrom.
The floppy driver is mounted on /mnt/diska
The riscos partition is mounted on /mnt/disk4
This machine is NFS client and server.
The / and /usr file system are server.
The /etc/exports file is:
/ -maproot=0 contura
/usr -maproot=0 contura

The second machine is 'contura',
a Compaq contura aero4/33C (i386) under
NetBSD 1.4.1 too.
This machine is NFS client and server.
The /usr and / file system are server,
The riscpc file system are access via nfs.
they are mounted on /mnt/riscpc/usr
and on /mnt/riscpc.
The /etc/exports file is:
/ -maproot=0 riscpc
/usr -maproot=0 riscpc

The problem is that I can't see the files
on the cdrom, the floppy, and the riscos
partition.

I explain:
I am on the prompt on contura,
   contura#
I type 'ls',
   contura#ls /mnt/riscpc/mnt/cdrom and return
after a litle time, the prompt reapear without nothing.
It's the same for the riscpc floppy driver,
   contura#ls /mnt/riscpc/mnt/disk0 and return
after a litle time, the prompt reapear without nothing.
It's the same for the riscpc riscos partition,
   contura#ls /mnt/riscpc/mnt/disk4 and return
after a litle time, the prompt reapear without nothing.

On riscpc, the /usr and / file system are mounted
on /mnt/contura/usr and /mnt/contura.
from riscpc, I can see files on contura.

I don't really understand ?