Subject: Re: hello
To: The Fiedor <drjcotton@netzero.net>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/11/1999 11:06:28
On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 09:26:30PM -0800, The Fiedor wrote:
>   Hello,  I get an error while trying to boot NetBSD 1.4 "No NetBSD part" and I used LILO as the boot manager.
>
>    I installed NetBSd just fine, no errors.
>
>   I installed it over an existing FreeBSD partition on my wd1 drive (wd0 has windows)
>
>   It seems I didn't have to change the partition type from FreeBSD to NetBSD, whether this matters i dont know

The NetBSD partition type changed from 0xa5 (which was the same as FreeBSD)
to 0xa9 in 1.4, so this is the problem seeing. If you change the partition
type to 0xa9 (169) with fdisk, you should be ok.

How did you install over the FreeBSD partition? If you used the install
floppy, it should have changed the partition type.

- Frank