Subject: How to debug periodic lockups?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/08/1999 10:12:12
For about 2 months, I've been having trouble with my -current (at the
moment, 1.4L) machine in the office locking up solid.  It seems to happen
about once or twice a week, and I'm not 100% certain, but I think it
only does so when xlockmore is active.

At any rate, when I get on the console,  the screen is blank, and the
machine seems to be completely unresponsive.  No set of keypresses
seems to do anything, though I'm realizing at the moment that I'm unsure
whether the caps lock key still works.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to proceed in debugging this?

+j

--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz