Subject: Re: Uh-oh... Broken keyboard input.
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/04/1999 23:08:10
On Wed, 3 Nov 1999 M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de wrote:
> That's interesting. The mouse probe really messes up
> the keyboard controller. Hmm - does it have a mouse
> port at all?

BTW, I tested three NetBSD-current kernels on his machine by doing a
boot -a and trying to type when it asked for the root device...
kernel without any mouse driver: worked
kernel with opms driver (but otherwise identical to previous): keyboard
  locked up
kernel with pms driver and wsmouse (but otherwise identical to 1st):
  keyboard locked up

So yeah, it does look like the mouse probe is causing problems... (BTW,
isn't this why the PS/2 mouse driver was disabled in GENERIC back around
NetBSD 1.2 or 1.3?)