Subject: Re: Matrox G200 AGP no go?
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: jiho <root@mail.c-zone.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/04/1999 11:54:41
> I got the Matrox working - kind of.  I pulled it out the system and re-
> inserted it, wiggled it back and forth etc. and after a reboot, I got
> console there.

This problem getting/keeping AGP cards properly inserted in the slot seems to
have gotten some attention from the manufacturers.

I just bought a Matrox G400.  It has a little widget next to the edge
connector that seems to help keep it from going too far into the slot.  I
installed this card _very_ easily, and incredibly, it worked right the first
time!

In addition to the widget -- a little L-shaped extension of the card -- there
are 2 notches in the edge connector instead of 1.

--Jim Howard  <jiho@mail.c-zone.net>