Subject: Re: ssh'd X on Win32?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: James Wetterau <jwjr@panix.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/02/1999 14:11:44
Nathaniel Daw <daw@cs.cmu.edu> says:

> VNC has also been hacked to support connections over SSL (though I
> don't have the URL handy), so even if you can't figure out how do get
> an ssh tunnel on Windows (the ttssh client previously mentioned won't
> do it AFAIK, though the commercial ssh for Windows from F-secure
> might),

I believe F-Secure Ssh does forward ports and X.  SecureCRT definitely
does, and generally has a lot of features I like.  There do appear to
be export restrictions limiting it to North America.  It comes with a
30 day free trial.  I have used this in conjunction with Xwin32 to
display xterms and emacs from a UNIX machine to a Windows NT desktop.

SecureCRT also supports the zmodem sz and rz commands, which provides
an easy way to transfer small files between the windows desktop and
remote UNIX machine encrypted.

Regards,
James Wetterau