Subject: Anyone interested in Intel NetPort-II print servers?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <CaptnZilog@aol.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/30/1999 12:16:18
We had a quantity of Intel NetPort-II print servers at work, and they don't
do Novell NDS (Novell 4.x) which we were upgrading (from 3.x) for Y2K... so I
have 30-40 of these babys that I snagged that I'd like to get rid of if
anyone wants them.

They are IPX/SPX only, Novell only, print servers...  Opening one up it has a
Z180 processor and a 1Mbit flash ROM inside, along with the PAL's and other
logic, don't remember offhand what Ethernet chip.  If anyone is up for trying
to figure out the code for these, maybe trying to disassemble the ROM code
and figuring out how to make them do TCP/IP printing instead (they are
"flashable" over the net with the intel software, available from Intel's
website)....  I'd be glad to send them one or two of them.  I also have a
EPROM programmer, so I could read the ROM code for you and send it to you...
and I could even disassemble it for you (I think IDA-PRO supports the Z80/180
class processors).  I already have a pair of NetPort XL's (that *do* support
TCP/IP printing) and a couple of NetSprint Boxes (also TCP/IP) for my own
printers, so I really don't need these.

Or, anyone who wants them for *whatever* reason....  let me know.  You pay
for shipping they are yours.   I'm in clean-out mode and just want to get rid
of them.

Pete