Subject: Re: Electrical relays <- NetBSD
To: Jeff Northon <jeffo@sasq.net>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/28/1999 09:45:45
On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 01:41:25PM -0700, Jeff Northon wrote:
> Has anyone developed something that will interface with NetBSD to switch
> relays (to control hung machines remotely)? We are starting on a project
> to do this. I think I heard about a parallel port device, is there
> anything else?

This won't probably help you, but I will be designing a PCI or ISA card
with a hardware watchdog, thermometer, some parallel I/O lines, and
probably some serial ports ASAP.  I'm also hoping to get this device
working under NetBSD.  It would be easy to use the parallel outputs to
control solid-state relays or something.

If someone has suggestions for additional features for this card, please
let me know..

  -jm