Subject: Re: Electrical relays <- NetBSD
To: Jeff Northon <jeffo@sasq.net>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/27/1999 16:31:58
On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Jeff Northon wrote:
> Has anyone developed something that will interface with NetBSD to switch
> relays (to control hung machines remotely)? We are starting on a project
> to do this. I think I heard about a parallel port device, is there
> anything else?

One of my co-workers a while back, and gave me some old electronic stuff
he had in his garage... among the items was a relay board from
Keithley-Metrabyte (I think), and an ISA card with an 8255 on it. The
relay board has a power supply, 24 relays, a couple of relay drivers, and
a connector to interface with the 8255. It was pretty easy to get it
working on NetBSD/i386, using some asm("outb")s and the stuff in libi386.