Subject: Re: audio recording
To: None <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
From: Steve Woodford <swoodfor@bluews.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/26/1999 08:29:56
Allen Briggs wrote:

> I'm wondering how I can record audio with this--I'd like to record
> some of my old LPs that I can't get in CD format...  I've compiled
> xmmix and xwave.  I've got the line in coming from a stereo receiver
> and the play-through is working just dandy.

The best 'free' software of this type for Unix that I've seen is 'DAP'.
It's *infinitely* better than xwave for recording and editing audio
streams, and it looks _way_ cool, to boot. ;-)

I use the Linux binary supplied on the author's website (to digitise my
old LPs too) using the pkgsrc/emulators/suse_base package to provide the
necessary libraries.

If I have one gripe, it's that DAP is a bit of a memory hog.

Check: http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/~richardk/

Cheers, Steve