Subject: Re: GENERIC config oddity...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/24/1999 11:45:45
> wsdisplay*      at vga? console ?
> wsdisplay*      at pcdisplay? console ?
> wskbd*  at pckbd? console ?

> ...what's bothering me is the space in ``console ?''.  Is that a
> typo, or is that the way that the file is supposed to read?

I believe it's the latter.  As I understand it, "console" is a locator,
so as far as config-file syntax goes, that space is like the spaces
after irq and drq in

aha0    at isa? port 0x330 irq ? drq ?  # Adaptec 154[02] SCSI

See conf/files, the section headed "Definitions for wscons", for the
definition of the console locator in question.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca