Subject: Re: IBM ThinkPad 770?
To: None <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us>
From: Ernst J. du Toit <et1@ibm.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/22/1999 21:05:35
Got one from my employer for business purposes, installed NetBSD-1.4 dual
boot with the OS for business purposes and it works fine in text mode,
been too busy to get X up and running, sigh.

Fortunately the 770 has real audio hardware and not that silly MWAVE
stuff, the PCMCIA is cardbus (TI chipset, IIRC) so the recent cardbus
integration is welcome. Now just to get the Token Ring driver integrated
for PCMCIA too and I'd never need to run that other business OS for
business purposes ;-)

--et