Subject: Re: NeoMagic 256AV audio driver?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/19/1999 13:45:36
In message <199910192037.NAA12686@lestat.nas.nasa.gov>,
Jason Thorpe writes:

>     c) Use it under WSS emulation, like I do on my Dell Inspiron
>	laptop:

Thanks, Jason. Your'e amazing. Is there *anything* you don't fix?
(Any advice on a Rockwell HCF v.90 PCI modem? Com2 at irq9 maybe?)

> > So. Do we have AC97 support? Is it OK to rewrite something based on
> > the Linux code (which is given as public-domain, not copyleft).
> > Or pursue the ESS1688 emulation?
>
>Ezra Story just submitted a patch for AC97 for the Creative AudioPCI.

Is it at all like the OpenBSD code?  I just ran into Costas in the
corridor; he said OpenBSD recently committed an AC97 driver and (since
we're in the same group) he'd rewrite the native NeoMagic 256AV to
work with OpenBSD's AC97 and bus-space, if I send him the Linux patch.