Subject: Re: PCI enumeration (was: ne2000 PCMCIA not working as PCMCIA either.)
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/17/1999 22:45:42
In message <199910180508.BAA02119@ginger.cmf.nrl.navy.mil>Ken Hornstein writes
>>And it doesn't work right on a Vaio F350, where (like the 505-tx)
>>the CardBus bridge isnt getting assigned an IRQ by the BIOS.
>
>Does setting "Plug and Play OS" to "No" in the BIOS help this at all?

Not with the Cardbus vs. legacy ISA PCIC addresses, AFAICT.
It does help get the the usb controller properly set up.

Adding printfs to pccbb.c shows tat the `disable' of the legacy ISA
addresses doesn't happen until the pccb is atytached -- which is ater
the old PCMCIA code has found and attached a pcic at those same legacy
addreses. I think that's a big part of the problem.

I'll double-check tomorrow at work.