Subject: Well, almost there...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/16/1999 15:42:49
So, if I connect to a modem PCMCIA card, I get dead air.  The card works
on the same laptop under Windows.  The card also worked a couple months
back.  I've tried playing with IRQ masks to no obvious avail.  It looks
like the card probes correctly - it comes up with
	com2 at pcmcia0 function 0 port 0x3e8-0x3ef: serial device
	com2: ns16550a, working fifo
and then it's done.

(BTW, if I eject it, I see "com2 detached", which is a step up from the
panic I used to get).

Anything obvious I should try?  I tried a different card and got the same
results; shows up as com2, gets an irq (10 or 15), and doesn't seem to work.
Windows was using it with IRQ 10.

-s