Subject: XF86: Neomagic vs. wsmouse, help?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/14/1999 21:47:42
Thanks to the helpful hints about FireWire on Vaios eating IRQ9, I
built a new (-current) kernel with IRQ 9 (and 10) masked out, booted
that from floppy, and used root-on-NFS to install. Worked great.

Now I'm stuck getting an Xserver configured for the NeoMagic chip.
I tried both the 1.4.1 3.3.3.1 and the Xfree86.org 3.3.5

The native 1.4.1 Xserver groks wsmouse but not Neomagic.
The XFree86 release groks Neomagic but not wsmouse.

Is the NeoMagic server still binary-only?
If it is, what can I do?

thanks for any advice.

PS: 1.4.1 SuperProbe is awfully confused by the NeoMagic chip...