Subject: panic: vm_map_entry_create: out of map entries
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/11/1999 13:09:10
This is on NetBSD/i386 1.3.2.

One of my servers, which BTW had been up for over six months, has suddenly
started crashing with the following panic:

Oct 11 11:23:57 lyons savecore: reboot after
panic: vm_map_entry_create: out of map entries

So how do I increase the number of available map entries?

What could cause this panic to suddenly start manifesting itself twice in
as many days after the machine has been stable for six months?

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX on a uVAX II
Systems Consultant | Bergen, Norway        | '86 Jaguar Sovereign 4.2