Subject: 3Com Megahertz 3CXEM556 B
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: marian stagarescu <marian_stagarescu@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/08/1999 07:15:18
Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding this card:

I have a laptop with a 3Com Megahertz 3CXEM 556B
Ethernet+Modem card. I installed netbsd 1.4 on it and
here is the message I am getting regarding my card:

pcmcia0 at pcic0 controller 0 socket 0
pcmcia1 at pcic0 controller 0 socket 1
ep1 at pcmcia1 function 0 port 0x330-0x33f:
3Com/Megahertz 3CXEM556 Ethernet Modem
ep1: wrote 0x7ff to TX_AVAIL_THRESH, read back 0xffff.
Interface disabled
com3 at pcmcia1 function1 port 0x340-0x347: serial
device
com3: ns16550a, working fine.

Question1: Any suggestions on what to change to make
the Ethernet card working ?

Question2: The Modem part of the card (com3 at
pcmcia1) looks o.k. To what serial device is this com3
mapped to ? (I am new to netbsd but form com and
pcmcia man pages should be glued to one serial
device). I tried tty02 (I have /dev/tty00,01 and 02
where 00 and 01 should be the regular serial ports on
this laptop) but is not configured. When trying stty
-f /dev/tty02 [options], againg is saying device not
configured. Any hints ?

Thanks,
Marian