Subject: Re: WWW kernel compile facility...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/04/1999 14:51:40
In message <Pine.NEB.4.05.9910042007470.266-100000@crowley.our-flat.net>, David
 Forbes writes:
>Is there anyone on this list who is able (or knows someone who would be
>able) to take this machine an give it an ethernet connection, at a
>reasonable cost?  At this stage I'm prepared to pay reasonable costs,
>personally, and meet all usage/security restrictions. (The machine has no
>software installed that it doesn't need.)

I could do that, I think.  Depends on amount of traffic, but it's reasonable.

>I'd appreciate any help/suggestions, particularly from people in the UK.

Tragically, I'm far away.  Hmm.  I'd be happy to put up mirrors of a script,
although I'd need to get a -current box other than my laptop up on the net,
I guess.

>PPS - I'd love to just run the site from some standard web server, like
>geocities, but let's face it, a NetBSD box has to do the compile, which
>means downloading and then uploading the results, which would take ages
>over a modem.

True enough.

Anyway, drop me a line, and I could look at this.  If you can get
cross-compile support done, I could probably put it on my existing alpha.

-s
ace. ...either of which should happen within about 4-6 months. I'd appreciate any help/suggestions, particularly from people in the UK. Cheers, David. PS - The machine will only compile i386 kernels at the moment, but since I'm an arm32 person it'll be cross-compiling eventually, too... PPS - I'd love to just run the site from some standard web server, like geocities, but let's face it, a NetBSD box has to do the compile, which means downloading and then uploading the results, which would take ages over a modem.