Subject: Re: de0/pciide0 performance conflict?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/04/1999 12:06:05
Manuel Bouyer writes:
> On Sun, Oct 03, 1999 at 01:30:02PM -0400, Allen Briggs wrote:
> > > I have pretty much the same setup (it's a K6II/350, but same chipset, and
> > > a de0 board too), I never noticed such problems.
> > > Could you try to have a look at the bios parameters, especially the
> > > latency value ? A value of 32 should be reasonable ...
> >
> > The only latency listed in the BIOS is a CAS latency for which the
> > values are 2 or 3.  What latency are you referring to?
>
> Is this listed with other PCI parameters ? If so, it should be this one.

This is the SDRAM latency I believe.  I believe the PCI latency is
not a commonly available BIOS option.  You might look at it with a
PCI tool (PCI Explorer comes to mind)

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.