Subject: wskbd probe
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/02/1999 10:49:13
Is it possible to wire the wscons keyboard probe down?  I have two PCs
on a cheap switchbox.  If the switchbox isn't switch to a PC when it
boots, the wskbd driver gives up and decides that there's no keyboard.
pccons didn't have that "problem."

The console is a cheap keyboard and a cheap mono VGA that's being
used until I can get serial consoles wired up and configured--which
is stalling because of the BIOS issue (I'm wanting PC weasels when
I can afford to spring for them).

I took a quick look at sys/dev/isa/pckbc.c and didn't see a way to
bypass the selftest or some such.  Would it be safe to do so?  Or
to ignore the probe and match regardless of the outcome of the test?

Thanks,
-allen