Subject: Re: "nca at isa" is harmful
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/01/1999 10:41:00
Matthias Drochner <drochner@zel459.zel.kfa-juelich.de> writes:
> Until the driver's probe function is improved, we should
> disable it in GENERIC for -current and 1.4.2.
> Any objections?

fine with me.  I filed a PR on it (8361, see
http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=8361 ), but was
leaving it up to fvdl's discretion to do anything about it.

Note also that the following patch:

> sys/dev/isa/files.isa                           1.89
>
>   The nca driver mistakenly detects an i82585tx as its hardware.
>   Move the nca driver probe after the iy probe (which is more
>   friendly to other hardware).

was pulled up to the branch to help with one set of the probe
problems, but is by no means sufficient to solve all, or, as far as I
can tell, most of them.

cgd