Subject: Re: Two wscons questions
To: Scott Telford <st@epcc.ed.ac.uk>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/28/1999 14:54:14
On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 01:23:43PM +0100, Scott Telford wrote:
> I've just upgraded to 1.4.1, I've set wscons=YES in /etc/rc.conf and I'm
> using the stock /etc/wscons.conf. During boot-up, between the
> "configuring wscons" message and the "wsdisplay0: adding screen..."
> messages I get
>
> 	wsconscfg: WSDISPLAYIO_ADDSCREEN: Device busy
>
> once. Is this known behaviour, or have I done something odd?
It's nothing serious: rc.wscons tries to create a screen that
has already been initialised by the kernel (see wsdisplay(4),
WSDISPLAY_DEFAULTSCREENS)
You can switch the message off by commenting out the "screen 0..."
line in /etc/wscons.conf.

> Also, how do you change the default text colour attribute? I'd prefer
> the opposite of the default colours (ie. kernel white, normal green) and
> the GENERIC kernel config file shows how to change the kernel attribute,
> but not the default one.
Hmm, I grepped over /sys/dev/wscons/* for "WSCOL", seems it's hardcoded
into the source for me...
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.