Subject: Re: Linux emulation/acroread weirdness
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/28/1999 10:39:50
On 27.09.99, 15:21:22, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 09:48:17PM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> >
> > In the meantime we came closer to the source of the problem:
> > The people who experiences crashes have obviously set "LD_LIBRARY_PATH".
> > On NetBSD ELF systems this can easily result in Linux binaries linked
> > with NetBSD shared objects.

But acrobat reader and some other problems (x11quake) do not run under
1.4.1, which is a.out. First they complain about missing libX11 and
libXext. When copying them (from the linux emulation directories, of
course) to the location of the binaries, the programs dump core
(segmentation fault). Both were working fine under 1.4.

--
Bernd Sieker

Unix, the solution to the W2k problem.