Subject: Intel SR440BX with SoundBlaster PCI
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <Federico_Lupi@www.datasys.it>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/27/1999 12:39:28
I have installed NetBSD 1.4.1 on my new PC, with the following
configuration:
    PIII 450 on Intel SR440BX with 128 MB
The motherboard has integrated:
    SoundBlaster Audio PCI 64V
    Codec audio stereo Crystal Semiconductor CS4297

In the BIOS I have set 'PnP operating system' to NO (I tried also
with YES; it makes no difference).
I also have an NE2000 PnP isa card.

The SoundBlaster card is not recognized (I think it' not supported in
1.4.1): dmesg says something about an Ensoniq Audio PCI not
configured). Also if I leave the sound card enabled in the BIOS than
the NE2000 will not work (device timeout).
If I disable the sound card in the BIOS then the NE2000 works and is
reported on irq 5 by dmesg (which seems strange to me: the sound
card should be on irq 5 according to the docs; the NE2000 config
floppy reports irq 10).

Is there something I can do to make the sound card work (or at least
not conflict with the NE2000)?

BTW I have another problem: the damn thing is too fast (it makes the
kernel in 5 minutes) and I have no time to relax during compiles.  I
hope you can "fix" this in 1.4.2 ...    :-)  I really miss my "old" P166.

Thank you for your help
Federico Lupi