Subject: Using an HP-A2094A (19") Display on I386 or Sparc-IPX Box
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Graham Jenkins <c714553@vus415.telstra.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/25/1999 12:33:42
I have 1.4.1 installed on a number of I386 boxes with Trio-64+ (1mb) cards
using the 'S3 Trio 64 (generic) driver with 'no RAMDAC' and
'no clock-chip-speed' - and it works well with generic (SVGA 1024x768 @ 70Hz,
50-70 Hz vertical synch selections) displays.

But when I switch to an HP as above or similar, the boxes don't sync
properly - so I can't even read the startup messages - I just see broken
scrolling bits of green, then white text.

Can someone assist please - perhaps I need to change something on the card
(how?) - or buy a new card (what?). The connection into the HP display is a
three-coax thing - which works well with NCD or HP Xstations.

I would also like to plug these HP displays into one of my (several) Sparc-IPX
boxes.  Can anyone let me know how I can make/acquire an appropriate cable
please.

G.