Subject: Re: guinea pigs or kernel hackers?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/24/1999 14:16:30
Peter Seebach writes:
>So, this guy has these very nice patches to enable CardBus support.
>Unfortunately, my laptop hangs right after probing CardBus devices on
>my laptop if I use these patches.  (It probes them just fine, though.)

>Anyone else tried these?  Anyone interested in debugging the crash, or
>providing advice on it?  I'm not much of a kernel person.

I've followed up on this.  With today's -current, and the same CardBus
patches, I have established that I can boot with a CompactFlash card in
the system, and it works.

I cannot boot with my 'ne2000' clone (Linksys) in the PCMCIA slots.  I'm
going to try on an old mz0, although it's a much less convenient card
for me than the linksys.  (The little metal tines for the weird connector
are bent, and look like they're about to break off.)

Yup, 'sm0' probes and configures just fine.  Looks like the problem is just
in the 'ne0' stuff.

So, anyone know what it would take to get this code, or perhaps even a fixed
version of it, merged into -current?   It's got the same success/failure
ratio among my three cards as the old code, and I'd rather have one ethernet
and one compact flash than two ethernets and no compact flash.  :)

-s