Subject: Re: -current works under vmware NT
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/24/1999 09:56:34
A couple of things I've noticed with vmware NT so far:

  - something's not quite right... with 1.4.1, I get occasional, seemingly
    random coredumps on binaries.  Running them again, things are ok.
    Not sure, but I think it happens more often if the "machine" has
    been idle for a few minutes.

  - I ripped *only* the wscons stuff out of a -current GENERIC kernel,
    but it still hung on boot, right after probing 3 com ports.
    I'll be investigating this a little further with removing things
    from a GENERIC kernel to see exactly what hangs.

I'm hoping to be able to get this stable enough (it's pretty close now!)
to have NetBSD running at a remote site that's NT-only for political reasons
to help me with troubleshooting...

+j
--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz