Subject: Re: inetd Problem under Load
To: Rex McMaster <rmcm@compsoft.com.au>
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/24/1999 00:35:49
On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Rex McMaster wrote:

> Is this the old inetd problem where maximum number of connections per
> 60 sec period is exceeded? - if so, syslog entry on server resembles
>
>         "server failing (looping),service terminated)"
>
> You can set this per service in /etc/inetd.conf (wait.max) else it
> defaults to 40 (man inetd)

Yes, that's it exactly. I've upped the limit in inetd.conf, that should
fix the problem.

Thanks, and thanks also to Manuel Bouyer who also responded with the same
answer.

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX on a uVAX II
Systems Consultant | Bergen, Norway        | '86 Jaguar Sovereign 4.2