Subject: Re: ncurses-1.9.9g Package Installation
To: Graham Jenkins <c714553@vus415.telstra.com.au>
From: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/16/1999 17:40:46
On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Graham Jenkins wrote:

> I installed this baby on a 1.4.1 box yesterday so that I could compile
> something whose makefile contained:  "LIBS= -lncurses -ltermlib -lcrypt"
>
> The 'make' operation now dies at load time thus:
>   cc  -o wart ckwart.o -lncurses -ltermlib -lcrypt
>   ld: -lncurses: no match
>
> Did I miss a step in the installation process - or what ??

try

cc  -o wart ckwart.o  -L/usr/pkg/lib -lncurses -ltermlib -lcrypt

the -L/usr/pkg/lib tells the linker that it also needs to look in
/usr/pkg/lib for libraries, in this case libncurses.a for statically
linked or libncurses.so.#.# for a shared lib.

in your program's makefile, you might be able to add the -L/usr/pkg/lib to
the LDFLAGS variable depending on how the makefile was written.

-Dan