Subject: Re: motherboard recomendations?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org, proff@suburbia.net>
From: Paul Newhouse <newhouse@rockhead.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/15/1999 16:16:32
On Thu, 16 Sep 1999 08:26:24 +1000 (EST) proff@suburbia.net (Julian Assange) writes:

>	I've recently been severly burnt by a no name BX. Can anyone
>	recomend a good middle-priced server motherboard? 8 ide ports
>	would be nice, but is not essential.

Well, I don't know it this will qualify as "server" class or not?

I've been looking at the ABit BP6.  I don't know how well it works since
I haven't purchased one yet but, it has 4 IDE channels; 2-UDMA/33 and 2-UDMA/66
(I don't think 66 is supported in NetBSD? but, I'd suspect they would work well
in degraded to 33 mode???).  That would be 8 drives.

I have no idea how well it may work with NetBSD. It does have 2 CPU sockets (PPGA??).
I was looking at it with SMP in mind.

If anyone has any experience with this board I'd love to hear about it.

Shopper & pricewatch list them for $1[12]9 or somewhere in that range.

Regards,
Paul