Subject: Re: XFree86 & GLX support?
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Sean Doran <smd@ebone.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/15/1999 15:34:09
Also, in the distribution from the web site, I ran into
little editing necessities, such as having to set TCLSH to tclsh8.0,
and editing the top line of ./servGL/hwglx/mga/mgaregs.pl
to #! /usr/pkg/bin/perl, because of NetBSD pkgsrc naming conventions.

This gave me an X server that loaded in glx.so, and
announced that it could do GLX.

I realized I also had to replace the symlink from
libMesaGL.so to the (ELF) libMesaGL.so.3.0 library
with a symlink to libGL.so.1.0 from the glx distribution.

Unfortunately, when I then tried "xlock -nolock -mode
gears", my X server died a horrible black-screen-of-death
lockup that required a reboot (SIGKILL did nothing...)

I haven't looked further into this, since I have "real"
work to do...

        Sean.