Subject: Re: Wanted: Help getting Compact Flash card running under -current
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/13/1999 21:00:23
On Sat, Sep 11, 1999 at 06:26:43PM -0500, Peter Seebach wrote:
> (1.4.x is fine too)

> laptop under Windows.  They fail under both NetBSD and BSD/OS, and fail the
> same way on my roommate's laptop.
>
> I seek input and/or help from people who have any of the following
> experiences:
> 	1.  A working CF card running under NetBSD.
> 	2.  Experience with the PCMCIA code.
>
> I'm hoping to find out what's wrong, and/or fix it.  I'm not exactly a kernel
> hacker, so I'd appreciate it if someone with more relevant skill could help
> out.  I could probably offer some small reward (say, a compact flash card) as
> a bounty for help getting this fixed.

From reading messages of the list I think these devices are already supported.
Maybe it's just a PCMCIA config problem, regarding e.g. IRQ and port
allocation ?
One thing you can try first is to look which I/O and irq was allocated under
windows, and adjust PCIC_ISA_INTR_ALLOC_MASK/PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOBASE/
PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOSIZE to get the same resources allocated under NetBSD.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>