Subject: Re: XFree86 & GLX support?
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@rkr.kcnet.com>
From: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@wheel.dk>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/13/1999 04:26:37

Yes. http://reality.sgi.com/ripperda_engr/glx/ .

> Is there any way to get an XFree86 X driver to report the extensions that
> it supports (and which it has enabled)?  I was poking around
> /usr/X11/bin/*, but couldn't find any programs that seemed to provide such
> information.

xdpyinfo | grep GLX

> I can live with that.  Mesa appears close enough to OpenGL that there
> should be little or no changes needed in the lab.

Don't set your hopes too high. Even with software-only Mesa which at
least is quite stable, you will find that SGI has quite a few often
undocumented extensions to GLX/OpenGL which makes life hard if you
for instance want to use commercial Irix application with NetBSD X.

--
Soren